You’ve just turned back on your computer and suddenly you can’t get into the desktop. It gets stuck in the Windows log-on screen. And what’s pretty surprising about it, the activation screen comes up and would ask you to activate again your Windows XP.
- Start your computer in safe mode (use plain safe mode).
- Login using an administrator user account. If you could login to the hidden Administrator account, then use that.
- Go to Windows Start menu and open RUN. Or you can press on your keyboard the Windows key and letter R.
- Type CMD in the run textbox and click on OK. This will open the command prompt window.
- Type these commands and press enter. Then click OK on each prompts :
regsvr32 regwizc.dllregsvr32 licdll.dll
- Type this last command (type exactly as what you see here):
- Wait for a couple of minutes because the last command will not show anything on the screen. However, it will reset the licensing components in the background.